IMS testbed for KAU SA
This project has been a cooperation between the Slovak University of Technology and the King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi-Arabia.
The ngnlab.eu team members Eugen Mikoczy and Sebastian Schumann worked together with the Faculty of Computing and IT in Jeddah to create an IMS laboratory infrastructure.
The project involved:
- Build an NGN platform at the King Abdulaziz University (KAU) in Saudi-Arabia.
- Setup of a virtualization environment (VoIP server incl. presence, and an IMS - incl. supporting systems)
- The basic integration of a SIP application server towards the IMS
- Documentation of work and the setup
- One week on-site training and lectures about both NGN theory as well as hands-on training on the laboratory
- Design, setup, and documentation of the complete software platform (incl. virtualization)
- Lecture about theory of the IMS
- Hands-on training
The project had a duration of around one year (2011/2012) and has finished successfully.