I was a member of the European research project about Next-Generation Hybrid Broadcast Broadband (HBB-Next). The project has been sponsored by the 7. Framework Program of the European Union.
My work in the project involved
- Identity Management
- Profile Management
The target of HBB-Next is an open, web-based advanced middleware framework for seamless integration of broadcast and Internet content. The technical features are enhanced by bringing in social-networking group features such as group recommendations. The framework provides multimodal multi-device user identity management to solve the privacy and trust issues around Hybrid Broadcast Internet TV. It supplies advanced A/V synchronisation capabilities and cloud offloading mechanisms that make the HBB-Next framework practical and inclusive for application developers and users.
I contributed to the following deliverables:
- D3.1: Analysis: State of The Art on Identity, Security and Trust
- D3.2: Design and Protocol (High Level Architecture): User ID, Profile, Application Reputation Framework
- D3.3.1: Design and Protocol: Intermediate User ID, Profile, Application Reputation Framework
- D5.1: Analysis: Multi-User, Multimodal & Context Aware Value Added Services
- D5.2: Design and Protocol: Multimodal Interface and Context Aware Recommendation Engine
- D5.3.1: Evaluation: Intermediate Multimodal Interface for User/Group-Aware Personalisation
- D6.1.1: Initial Version of the HBB-NEXT System Architecture
- D6.3.1: Report on test applications for enablers of WP3/WP4/WP5
All deliverables can be found at the project website.